Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Greetings to Everyone!

I am beginning this blog after much pondering as well as numerous limited postings to Facebook. To introduce myself, the long and short of it is I am a lover of just about anything and everything Victorian with a particular passion for costume reproduction.

As of now, I have been sewing since I was in grade school - thanks to my mom who taught me how - but have only been actively costuming for about three and a half years. In regards to the Victorian obsession, it's been active for many years but became a full blown addiction after doing work with local historical society in college. So now not only do I sew Victorian clothing, but I collect materials and do some teaching on Victorian life.
Dress U 2013
Although I enjoy the historical costuming end, I also have a particular love of it even in the modern age. As a result, I'm usually coming up with creative and fun ways to cross over a fashion style that died out over a hundred years ago along with finding fashion pieces that have that Victoriana feel.


Furthering the obsession, I love to read books and watch movies set during the same time period as well. While this blog will mostly be focusing on costume creations and finds, there will no doubt be reviews popping up from time to time about the last best seller book, Masterpiece Theatre series, or Hollywood blockbuster.

So that's my life in a nutshell, a modern person who enjoys the stylish Victorian lady's life. I am looking forward to posting future entries on projects, things I discover with them, my little fashion findings, and other Victoriana tidbits that are bound to pop up. Happy reaading!

No comments:

Post a Comment