Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Own Little Sewing Corner

So barring a couple of boxes and cleaning, I'm officially moved out of my apartment and in with the significant other. There is still a lot to unpack and get organized, but one of the first things that was pulled out and organized - aside from books - was my costume/sewing stuff.

This happened for two reasons. The first is I had to start work right away on the Wonderland Wedding dresses again. Moving set me back about two weeks for working on things. The second is I now have my own sewing space! Weeeeeeee!

Most of it is still in boxes and bags, but it was with great excitement that I went to Lowe's, bought a table, set it up with the sewing machine, and officially dubbed it the sewing/craft area.

It's still only a wall in the office, but it's my own space!
There's still work to be done, such as putting up some shelves maybe and getting things better organized in general. But gone now are my days of temporary set up at the kitchen table or on the living room floor, then packing everything away when I was done. Now I can keep my current projects set up and not worry about pieces of fabric or patterns suddenly disappearing on me.

Now that I'm set up, keep an eye out for other posts as I catch up on my progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment