Tuesday, March 10, 2015

18th Century Opulent Art at FIDM Museum

A couple days ago, I covered the film costumes I saw at FIDM. There was a second exhibit at the museum that showcased several pieces from the Helen Larson collection, a collection that the museum is actively trying to acquire. When I've gone in previous years, they've had other pieces from this collection on display (including a dress worn by Queen Victoria!) but this is the first year I got to photograph the display pieces.

The Opulent Era focuses on 18th Century fashion and includes men's and women's clothing, and accessories. Enjoy!
Embroidered shoes with pattens
Robe a l'anglaise

Embroidered bag
Robe a la francaise








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures.Originally planned to fly from Colorado to CA for this exhibition but decided not to spend the money considering the limited amount of items displayed. Glad I was able to see them via your blog! Just one thing, I think you have switched your dress labels. The robe a l'anglaise is the dress without the Watteau pleats. The one with the back pleats is the robe a la francaise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I'll have to recheck my photos. While I do like 18th Century costume, it is definitely not my strong point when it comes to knowing details about it. Thanks for pointing this out!

      Delete