Saturday, August 24, 2013

Canton Woman's Club Victorian Tea

A couple months ago I was passed along information for a Victorian Tea being held by the Canton Woman's Club. Although this was the first time it was being held, the event still ended up being sold out.

Kathy Kraus did a presentation on Sarah Emma Edmonds, a female Civil War Union spy, and the highlight was a fashion show of authentic Victorian dresses.

This is only a small handful of the dresses presented, but my favorite out of all of them was the embroidered cotton lawn with the yellow sash in the center.

My young cousin, Samantha, came with me and we both dressed up for the event. She wore her Disney Belle costume, and I pulled out my early bustle Indienne tea dress for the event. We got to enjoy tea sandwiches and snacks, and enjoyed a lunch of chicken pouf and garnished green beans.






We're looking forward to the next time they hold the event since they hope to hold it every six months and have me be involved somehow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment